Sunday, November 12, 2006

Gin

Alcohol is all things to all people, innit?
Richard likes 'proper' beer or 'foaming ale' as he calls it, my lad, Jak, who becomes officially adult in 5 days, isn't that fussy as long as he gets off on it and it's cheap (were we like that at that age - I suspect so!) me, I like gin and tonic , (of course) that fine combination of C2H5 OH , jiniper berries and quinine. With a bit of luck I'll never get malaria - just liver failure!
Why this ?
Today I fitted 12 roller blinds into a rich person's holiday flat in a 'New Luxury Development'.
I live in a 'Holiday Area' where these things abound. Wealthy people come here and buy these place for fortunes, thus putting the price of dwellings way beyond the expectation of 'ordinary' local people. I could 'go on' but what's the point?
Anyway, 5 hrs on, I hit the shop, looking for 'dinner inspiration' for my boys - I'm a single parent (sort of) I'll explain sometime later.....and ......there it was .....'special offer'..... 2l of Gordons gin for £25 - COR!!... so if this is starting not to make sense I'm sure you'll understand.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I think you and I have much in common friend across the pond. I am and I will bet in a similar parenting situation.

post this url in your browser window and watch the ad now that you are a blogger you will like it a lot:
http://autoblogger.net/ad.htm

2:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home